About this event
This webinar offers a chance to hear from national funders on current investment into the space sector, feedback on opportunities from the future, and hear from a number of research projects happening in the region.
Why is this event important?
The recent announcements of funding and development of space clusters across the UK and the Levelling Up white paper highlights the need for growing research and innovation outside of London and the Southeast.
There is now a great opportunity to reflect on the current research and innovation developments and funding for the space sector and the opportunities for the North West to drive R&D, industry research collaborations and to shape the future of the space sector in our region.
13:00 Online Waiting Room
13:05 Welcome and Introduction to the North West Space Cluster development
13:15 Research and Innovation funding for the sector
- Dr. Natalie Jones, Engineering and Physical Science Research Council
- Dr. Tom Doyle, Natural Environment Research Council
- Dr. Carol Sunderland, Innovate UK
- Dr. Colin Vincent, Science and Technology Facilities Council
- Dr. Federico Di Vruno, Square Kilometre Array Observatory SKAO Spectrum manager and Co-Director of the IAU Centre for the Protection of Dark and Quiet Sky
14:00 Q&A and feedback on how to support research and collaborations
14:30 Highlights from across the North West
Through the open call to register, a number of presentations will be given in this segment
For further information contact Phil.Carvil@stfc.ac.uk