Date: 16th March 2018
Location: The Innovation Centre, Sci-Tech Daresbury
Della Thomas, Sci Tech Independent Skills Broke
Lynne Rumsby, Consultancy – Approved Training Provider
Claire Hastewell, Custerian based at Sci-Tech Daresbury
As part of the Liverpool City Region Local Growth Deal with Government, the City Region has been awarded £3.05m across 2016/17 and 2017/18 to deliver a Skills for Growth Programme of training support to businesses.
The Independent Brokerage Service provides a gateway to skills provision and financial support for training with Skills Brokers supporting businesses to identify their training needs.
At Sci-Tech, there is a dedicated Independent Skills Broker who is able to offer Tenants information, advice and guidance.
Amount of Grant Funding available per business:
- Maximum grant value per Employer £100k
- Specialist Training: one intervention to a maximum value of £2,000 per individual
- Accredited training and bespoke training: Candidates can access multiple interventions of training
The aim of the Post-Business Breakfast Network presentation:
To brief technology companies on funding that they may access to support their skills needs:
- Overview of the Skills for Growth Fund – eligibility and what it can support
- What support looks like from your Skills Broker
- Type of courses being requested on Campus
- Type of training delivered to date
- Hear from a Training Provider
- Hear from a Campus company