Date: 16th November 2018
Location: The Innovation Centre, Sci-Tech Daresbury
Presenters: Mike Kenny Associate Commercial Director
The event will provide information on the work of the Innovation Agency(one of the NHS’s Academic Health Science Networks) in connecting innovative technologies and businesses to meet identified clinical needs within the NHS.
In particular Mike will talk about:
Who the Innovation Agency work with?
- Innovators from any of the following:
- SMEs, start ups and spin-outs
- Public sector and VSOs
- National programmes e.g. SBRI, NIA, clinical entrepreneurs
- Large corporates – establishing collaborations and directly partnering on pathway transformation work
- International innovators and ecosystems
- Core partner of EIT Health
- Member of European and China Connected Health Alliances
- EU reference site for Active and Healthy Ageing
What do the Innovation Agency do:
- Regional delivery with national collaboration
- The core Innovation Agency offer includes:
- Identifying need and communicating demand– Help innovators understand healthcare demands (what and where) and the evidence requirements, prepare systems for promising products
- Signposting –matching innovations to healthcare, adapting solutions to meet local needs, finding early adopter regions
- Evaluation in practice – creating evidence to support adoption and spread
- Spread and adoption of innovation – locally, regionally and nationally.